Zips are DANGEROUS!!! SEE???
However. I pushed on and on and have become quite accomplished at making spunky zippered pouches. Once I clear customs (I keep saying that!!), I want to play around with shapes etc..
Note use of text stitching to temporarily solve labeling issues… :)
Today, I was making a ladies patchwork a-line skirt, that as standard, I insert elastic into the waist… Look, it’s fine for kids, or the fuller skirts… but I have decided that my a-lines needs a zip. So I jumped a massive hurdle and went ahead and inserted a zipper. I read a few tutorials which involved glue, basting & all kinds of time-consuming methods… I just pinned & went for it. I added some hand-made continuous bias binding to the waist band. It’s not perfect, but it’s as good as any store-bought skirt I have, so it’s staying.
I feel like I’ve made it through to the other side! Woohoo!!! :)